A journey around the world in somewhat more than 80 days, with the British born but global hearted nomad - Kirsten Anderson. Like fusion food, these stories and sagas from across the continents, combine various international flavours that will hit all of your senses and emotions... Updates are not to be missed!

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Diving the Poor Knights

I have to make all my dive friends jealous, at least those who have never been to New Zealand, or the Poor Knights and say HAHAHAHA I have!

Cousteau rated them highly and so do I. They were truly unlike anything I've dived before, the kelp was lush and the rock formations grand and colourful. The number of different species of fish and marine invertebrates was countless and the water surprisingly mild...

From Mosaic Moray Eels, to Nudibranches on Scorpion Fish backs!! These dive sites had big and small life to offer. The second dive in Rikoriko cave was particularly cool, with eagle rays and stingrays resting side by side in reputably the world's largest sea cave.

It was definitely worth travelling for and once again it felt magic to be tanked up with scuba and enjoying my favourite pastime!

As I waited back in Whangerai for the Green machine aka Kiwi Experience bus to arrive, it began to pour with rain - it was fantastic... I couldn't have cared less that I was wet again having just dried off from the dives!! Following the down pour, a magnificent sun set broke and that was me made!!! What a fabulous way to end such a great holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogwise - blog directory